· A 7 meter (21 feet) distance should tried to be observed at all times from the gorillas. The further back you are, the more relaxed the group will be.
· You must stay in tight group whey you are near the gorillas.
· Keep your voices down at all times. However, it is okay to ask the guide questions.
· Do not smoke, drink or eat when you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably will increase the risk of food/drink morsels/droplets falling, which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases.
· Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the guides example (crouch down slowly, do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes and wait for the animals to pass). Do not attempt to run away because that will increase the risk.
· Flash photography is not permitted! When taking pictures move slowly and carefully.
· Do not touch the gorillas. They are wild animals.
· The maximum time you can spend with the gorillas is one hour. However, if the gorillas become agitated or nervous, the guide will finish the visit early.
· After the visit keep your voices down until you are 200 meters away from the gorillas.